02 September, 2007

miscellany: Four credits to start off September.

Finished the assignments for the !@#!>? Office class, and finally managed to submit them. Hurray.

As you might have surmised, Xianzhi, I had to resort to calling Verizon about the service. After being subjected to the usual array of hoops and jumping, and additionally being instructed to turn off the firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware utilities, and clearing the IE cache, which is nonsense, since I don't even use IE, the connection works again.

Verizon's tech support recorded some garbage about GoogleTalk being the issue, which it isn't, and also attempted to sell me more bandwidth, since obviously I shouldn't be able to load five or six web pages at a time at the low-bandwidth end of DSL service.

Sure.

It's almost enough to make one write a product review.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nomad Scry said...

w00t! w00t!

opinionate!

8:37 PM  
Blogger elegiac said...

Y'know, I started a review the last time I had a go around with Verizon. Got to be a few pages long, and I hadn't even gotten to the technical support phone call yet.

Adding this last batch of crap would push the review to unreadable status due to length.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home