03 September, 2006

miscellany: Scrap the last couple of hours of coding, and try it the *other* other way...

Ah, the integrated method seems to have some kind of problem. Might be able to get it in another week or two, but then why wait? Unfortunate, since it all looked so pretty in the text editor. And it parses, too. Just doesn't do what it's supposed to do. Flow control problem. Or a lack of PHP skills problem, more likely.

It'd be more helpful to just try doing the separate plugin that I had in mind before, rather than the slightly more complex slapdash send/reply/store temp file all-in-one headache... utility wins, hands down, against the desire for beautifully thought out code. Mainly because I'm not a coder.

So. Duct tape it'll be, until I get that working. Then, I'll try the integrated method again. Currently too challenging for me not to try... and damn it, it *should* work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home