22 June, 2006

miscellany: more random taxation to follow...

It isn't enough to up the property taxes by re-evaluating property values. It isn't enough to start charging extra for certain types of trash pickup. So, it looks like we're in for even more good times.

Springfield Announces $320 Million Capital Plan

SPRINGFIELD, MASSACHUSETTS (WWLP) - For years the city of Springfield hasn't had enough money for major improvements like school renovations, road construction and the demolition of abandoned buildings.



I hate this "city".

Here's the article from WWLP.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... [rolls eyes] [whiny voice] But Mommy, I'll die if I don't get some new Tommy Hilfiger!! (sp??)

If S'fld would at least act somewhat responsible... I think I'd rather live in 'Holyoke is burning' now than go back to S'fld. I'm just sorry you can't uproot the home and move it to a less stupid jurisdiction.

11:54 AM  
Blogger elegiac said...

Why do that, when we can support Bright Nights? Or pay for some person to "bring the fine arts to the public schools"?

I wish we could relocate the house, too.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home