09 June, 2006

miscellany: I hate Verizon, yes indeedy.

So the internet connection went down for no apparent good reason again.

The last time this happened, I wised up a bit and left the Verizon provided modem in a conspicuous place, so I wouldn't drop the fucker down the stairs again, like I did not the last time, but the time before that. Not the time before that, where my modem got fried during an electrical storm.

Which is nice. So I got to poke around with the browser-based admins for both the modem I'm using (not Verizon supported) and the Westell.

Connection works again, after about two hours of having the modem connect, sign in, and then disconnect.

So at least I've saved myself the headache of having to call Verizon and have them tell me nothing's wrong on their end. (Which is when I'd normally break out the tracert timeouts, but couldn't even get that far this time. Besides, "virtual circuit xxxxx status down" indicates a problem with their end, not mine.)

Thankfully it didn't require a password reset, like the usual every few months Verizon DSL crashola.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home